Small Business Spotlight!
Having a child can be tough on the body. Whether you are pregnant, had a C-section or had a vaginal delivery, your body has gone through immense change. If you experience back pain or neck pain during your pregnancy, you’re not alone! If you find yourself leaking urine, having pain with sex, having a sensitive C-section or episiotomy scar, or feeling a heaviness/burning sensation “down there,”, you are not alone. As a physical therapist specializing in pelvic health, Dr. Gazi treats a host of pregnancy-related issues. Dr. Gazi helps you set and achieve your physical goals so you can overcome these challenges and feel confident in your body.
Sneha Physical Therapy is a boutique in-home and virtual physical therapy practice serving NY, NJ, and MD. You will receive 1-on-1 treatments with Dr. Sneha Gazi with personalized attention and a unique plan of care. Dr. Gazi teaches you all the tools and tricks to have the maximum benefit and solve your problem. Learning crucial self-care strategies means you don’t need to waste time and money on expensive medications, injections, & surgeries.
Check out her Podcast Fit As a Fiddle
Common diagnoses that Dr. Gazi treats for birthing individuals include, but are not limited to:
- Diastasis Recti
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Lower back pain / Sacroiliac / Tailbone pain
- Urinary and Bowel issues
- Pain with intercourse
- Neck/Shoulder pain
- Scar sensitivity
- Exercise Therapy: to improve strength, balance, flexibility, and coordination
- Manual Therapy: soft tissue & myofascial release, joint mobilizations, muscle energy techniques
- Education: to improve posture, optimize your ergonomic setup, perform baby-related tasks with less pain and strain, modify household and gym activities, overcome pain
- Biofeedback: to understand how your body (and your pelvic floor especially!) functions
- Breathing/Mindfulness: to tackle your physical challenges with more confidence
Giving back to the community, and to the world, is a strong value of mine. I began a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Physical Therapy International Foundation, where I bring free PT services globally to underserved populations while teaching students in PT doctoral programs across the United States. I am also the proud host and producer for the leading health and wellness podcast "Fit As A Fiddle", found everywhere you search for podcasts. Through my work in PT, Yoga, and Mindfulness, I wish to increase awareness of healthy body, healthy mind, and healthy lifestyles.
Want to work with Dr. Gazi?
UseCode: DrGazi10 for 10% off of a 30-min virtual pelvic health educational session 1-on-1 with Dr. Gazi
Follow Her Work: