Congratulations! If you’re looking at our C-section birth and recovery class, it’s likely that you’ll be meeting your baby very soon. We’re so excited for you! Approaching a C-section birth can bring up a multitude of feelings. This class will give you practical knowledge to help you know what to expect and a framework for thinking about birth and recovery that allows you to make the choices that work best for you and your family.
Taught by Ashley Brichter
Great as a standalone class, but we love to bundle with Postpartum Planning, Lactation (Not So) Basics, and Newborn Care classes for a truly comprehensive education! Book any three classes in one transaction for 10% off. All classes include you + your support team.
What do you get with the On-Demand Cesarean Birth and Recovery Class?
- 1 hour (11 video sections) of On-Demand instruction
- 24-page interactive activity book, including our Birth Planning Worksheet, Hospital Packing List, Postpartum Recovery Tips, and Scar Tissue Massage Guide and much more
- Guided Breath and Visualization Exercise
- Live Office Hours on Zoom before and after class
- Access to Birthsmarter's Online Resource Directory for Pregnancy + Parenting
What does the On-Demand Cesarean Birth + Recovery Class cover?
- How to prepare your mind + body for birth
- The difference between a typical cesarean birth and a family centered cesarean birth, including skin to skin contact, nursing in the OR, and microbiome seeding.
- When to schedule a cesarean birth and warning signs of labor
- What to expect from the hospital, triage, and pre-monitoring + questions to ask your doctor ahead of time
- Partner’s Responsibilities
- Overview of cesarean birth procedure
- Breath + Visualizations for Cesarean Birth
- Baby’s journey immediately postpartum
- Navigating the PACU + Postpartum Recovery
- And All the feels… that come up when you realize you’re having a cesarean birth
When should you take this class?
You can take this class anytime you decide to plan a cesarean, likely between week 28 and 38.