Our In-Person, Express Childbirth Education Class is an amazing time to connect with other expectant parents and learn the fundamentals of the Birthsmarter approach: The Three Actions™ of Birth and the Five Partner Responsibilities. This class is intended to give students an outline of important topics as well as the resources for where and how to learn more about each one. We welcome those planning to give birth at home, in a birthing center, or in a hospital.
This class will be taught by Birthsmarter educator Caprice.
Our Express Course allows expectant parents to learn the basics in a short period of time.
Express Childbirth Education covers:
- Birth Smarter’s The Three Actions (TM) : Anatomy + Physiology of Labor
- Oxytocin, Fetal Alignment, and The Positive Feedback Loop of Labor
- Cervical Changes + Cervical Exams: What’s important?
- The Birth Smarter Five Partner Responsibilities
- The Stages of Labor
- Timing contractions
- The water “breaking”
- Pre-labor signs
- Hospital Vocabulary + “Birth Planning”: Triage, Monitoring, Pitocin and Pain Management
- Pushing and the Birth of the Baby
- Pairs extremely well with: Comfort + Coping, Push Prep, Postpartum Planning and Breastfeeding and Newborn Care.
And includes access to:
- Our 32-page complimentary Activity Book
- Weekly Office Hours
- Birth Smarter’s Online Resource Directory for Pregnancy + Parenting
Express Childbirth Education pairs well with:
- Comfort + Coping
- Push Prep
- Postpartum Planning
- Lactation (Not So) Basics
- Newborn Care