Imagine spending the last few weeks of this pregnancy feeling ready to go into labor. Not because you know how it’s going to play out, but because you and your partner understand the science behind childbirth, learned how to stay flexible and work as a team, and have the literal and figurative tools you need to navigate this uncertain, complex, and hugely impactful moment in time.
We know that there is no right way to have a baby and it’s impossible to predict how your birth will unfold... But, we also know that there is a blueprint for how babies come out.
(It’s actually not that complicated!)
Birth Smarter’s unique Childbirth Education classes pivot away from the content in traditional birth classes (read: birth from the doctors POV + how to be a good patient) and instead, revolve around the core of our curriculum, The Three Actions of Birth and the Five Partner Responsibilities.
After teaching thousands of families and scrutinizing previous approaches, we know that our classes will prepare you to think critically and improvise like no other. In addition to teaching you what will go down under optimal conditions, we provide a framework for navigating our current medical system with confidence.
The One-Day Condensed Birth Class covers:
- Birth Smarter’s The Three Actions (TM: Anatomy + Physiology of Labor
- Oxytocin, Fetal Alignment, and The Positive Feedback Loop of Labor
- Cervical Changes + Cervical Exams: What’s important?
- The Birth Smarter Five Partner Responsibilities
- The Stages of Labor
- Timing contractions
- The water “breaking”
- Pre-labor signs
- Coping strategies
- Getting to your birth location
- Hospital Vocabulary + “Birth Planning”: Triage, Monitoring, Pitocin and Pain Management
- Cesarean Birth
- Pushing and the Birth of the Baby
- Birthing the Placenta
And includes access to:
- Our 32-page complimentary Activity Book
- Weekly Office Hours
- Birth Smarter’s Online Resource Directory for Pregnancy + Parenting
- Access to Birth Smarter On-Demand (when purchased as a bundle)
Great as a standalone childbirth education foundation. We love to bundle with Comfort + Coping, Push Prep, Postpartum Planning and Lactation + Newborn Care for a truly comprehensive education! Book any three classes in one transaction for 10% off. All classes include you + your support team.