(NOT SO) BASICS
Resources to keep you informed, community to help you get connected, and support to help you navigate your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum journey.
BOOKS + ARTICLES
- The more I learn about Breast milk the more amazed I am - Angela Garbes
General Lactation Book:
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding - Diane Wiessinger
- The Discontented Little Baby Book - Dr. Pam Douglas
(Breastfeeding + Newborn Care)
TROUBLESHOOTING + GETTING HELP
- Kellymom.com - For all the things. Google your keyword and "kellymom" instead of searching the site directly.
- La Leche League International
- Nest Collaborative - Virtual Lactation Consultants covered by insurance.
- Emma McCabe - Virtual or NYC
- Andrea Syms Brown - Virtual or NYC
- Margot Hodes - Virtual or NYC
- Francie Webb - Virtual or VA
- New York Lactation Consultant Association - Virtual or NYC
- Cheat Sheet from Smart Mouth
HOW-TO / BREASTFEEDING 101
- Baby Self Latching + Laid Back Breastfeeding - Instagram Video
- Amazing Latch! - Instagram Video
- Theory on "laid back breastfeeding" or "biological nurturing" -
United States Lactation Consultant Association
How much milk will my baby need?:
- Article with pictures - Kellymom.com
Is baby getting enough?:
- Ways of Knowing - Article from Breastfeedingonline.com
- Paced Bottle Feeding, Mama Natural - Article with videos
- Formula Options
- Ashley's tip: use a preemie nipple right away (and feel free to keep it going for the first few weeks up until about 3 months). This will help slow the flow and make them work a bit harder to get the milk out. Ashley's personal preference is for the Life Factory or Dr. Brown's glass bottles and Dr. Browns preemie nipples, but to each their own!
OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS
- Momful: Nutritional Support To Help You Meet Your Breastfeeding Goals -
Use code BIRTHSMARTER for 15% off your first purchase!
- Our Nursing Collection
Ask a Question
Have questions or don't see a resource that you think we should have on our list? Shoot us a message, we would love to hear from you!