Resources to keep you informed, community to help you get connected, and support to help you navigate your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum journey.
WARNING SIGNS AND HELP HOTLINES
- POST BIRTH Warning Signs - National Accreta Foundation
- Postpartum Support International - Resources + hotline
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration - Helpline
- The Fourth Trimester: A Postpartum Guide to Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions, and Restoring Your Vitality - Kimberly Ann Johnson
- The First Forty Days: The Essential Art of Nourishing the New Mother
- Heng Ou
- From Mothers to Mothers: A Collection of Traditional Asian Postpartum Recipes
- Understanding Postpartum Hormones with Aviva Romm, MD
POSTPARTUM REHAB PROGRAMS
- PT Locator - APTA Pelvic Health
- PRONatal Fitness Postpartum Program - This 16-week program utilizes our Postpartum Performance Training Approach to help you recover from childbirth, rebuild your core, and get back to doing everything you love (and perhaps more).
- PRONatal Fitness Core Recovery Program - This 8-week program is designed to help you rebuild your core from the inside out.
- Restore Your Core - A gentle but incredibly effective program for recovering from birth and healing diastasis, prolapse, or incontinence - specifically with a yoga and pilates influence. Comes with a lovely Facebook community and additional support.
- Homebody Movement - Returning To Center, a postnatal breath and core recovery program. We love Amy and this 12-week program. Best for those drawn to beathwork, mindfulness, and yoga. Watch Amy's Community Conversation as an introduction to the course with us here.
- The Chelsea Method - A postpartum recovery program for busy moms: a unique 12-week video program designed by doctors of physical therapy for moms to regain strength and become pain-free
- ReBoot with The Fit Doula - You can start Maddy's postpartum Rehab Series as early as two weeks postpartum. She's the best!
- Mutu Systems - Slightly more intense than Restore Your Core and includes a nutrition component
- Nutritious Movement - A lifestyle approach to healthy movement
RELATIONSHIPS + THE MENTAL LOAD
- How to Not Hate Your Husband After Kids - Jancee Dunn
- Fair Play: A Game-Changing Solution for When You Have Too Much to Do (and More Life to Live) - Eve Rodsky
- The Mental Load: A Feminist Comic - Emma
- And Baby Makes Three - Jon and Julie Gottman
General Resource + Find a Therapist:
- The Gottman Institute
- Brené with Drs. John and Julie Gottman on What Makes Love Last
RETURNING TO WORK
- Work. Pump. Repeat.: The New Mom's Survival Guide to Breastfeeding and Going Back to Work - Jessica Shortall
- The Fifth Trimester: The Working Mom's Guide to Style, Sanity, and Success After Baby - Lauren Smith Brody
- Baby Caravan - Jen Mayer, Founder and CEO
- WRK/360 - Personal Support + Corporate Consulting
- Returning to Work After Maternity Leave – Know Your Rights - Article, Shegerian & Associates
- Financial Planning for a Baby: What You Need to Know - Article, Dream Financial Planning
- Why To Open a 529 - Article, NY Times
- How to Open a 529 - Article, Savingforcollege.com
- Ask Farnoosh: How to Financially Prepare for Baby? - Podcast episode
Ask a Question
Have questions or don't see a resource that you think we should have on our list? Shoot us a message, we would love to hear from you!