Childbirth Education (Live, Online + In Person)
Birthsmarter's Childbirth Education Course is offered
👩🏽💻Live, Online |📍In-Person | 💻 On-Demand.
This page lists our virtual and in-person dates. Head here to register for the On-Demand course. The registration price includes attendance for two people.
Each format covers:
- Part 1: Labor + Delivery 101
- Birthsmarter’s The Three Actions™ of Birth and Five Partner Responsibilities
- Oxytocin and The Positive Feedback Loop of Labor
- Cervical Changes + Cervical Exams: What’s important?
- How to #KeepItMoving Through Birth
- The Stages of Labor
- Timing Contractions
- The Water “Breaking”
- Pre-Labor Signs
- Getting to Your Birth Location
- Hospital Vocabulary + “Birth Planning”: Triage, Monitoring, Pitocin and Pain Management, and Labor Induction
- Part 2: Comfort + Coping
- Labor Positions
- Breath Work
- Partner Massage Techniques
- Mantras, Affirmations + Visualizations
- Additional Comfort Measures
- Part 3: Push Prep
- Posture, Alignment, + Breath for Pelvic Health
- Fetal Alignment
- Pushing Positions
- 60-page interactive workbook book, including our Birth Planning Guide and Hospital Packing List
- Access to Birthsmarter's Online Resource Directory for Pregnancy + Parenting
- Gender Neutral Language
- Weekly Office Hours on Zoom
- Partner Perks + Discounts
Childbirth Education Format Details:
The Weekend Intensive meets both Saturday + Sunday afternoons which leaves times for hands on practice and discussion.
The One-Day Condensed course which leaves limited time for hands on practice and discussion.
The Weekly Series allows time for hands on practice in Comfort + Coping and Push Prep, while Labor + Delivery 101 is lecture based.
Which Class is Right for Me?
Our Live-Online classes over Zoom are ideal for expectant parents who are interested in accountability, live instruction, and having the opportunity to ask questions and participate in discussion.
In-Person classes are an ideal environment for expectant parents who are interested in learning in a community environment.
The On-Demand class option is perfect for those who are self-motivated learners and want to move at their own pace, on their own time. It is also a great option for those who have scheduling conflicts, but still want to prepare with Birthsmarter.
When should I take Childbirth Education?
Ideally, you would take childbirth education classes between week 28 and week 34. Some clients start as early as week 24 and others find us around week 38. It’s never too early and it’s never too late!
Wait, why are Labor + Delivery 101, Push Prep and Comfort + Coping sold separately elsewhere on the site? We also offer these three classes Á La Carte for folks who are only interested in one or two subjects. For example, we've had clients take a traditional birth class elsewhere and feel disappointed that there was no hands-on practice or acknowledgement of the pelvic floor and want to supplement their education with Comfort + Coping or Push Prep. Others may be looking for a refresher course for baby #2 or #3. Everything you can select here 👆, labeled “Childbirth Education” (whether it’s In-Person, Live-Online, or On-Demand), covers all three subjects! Rest assured, 99% of the time, we recommend first time parents take this option instead of choosing individual subject matters. The sections feed into each other and are all equally important.
If finances are a concern:
Please reach out about Alternative Pricing.
We work to ensure that no one will be turned away due to lack of funds.