Comfort + Coping
Comfort + Coping can be taken alone or as a part of our Childbirth Education classes for those looking for a more comprehensive experience.
“You will not use what we do not practice!”
Comfort + Coping is a 2-hour workshop and serves as a wonderful compliment to our Labor + Delivery 101 class, a more traditional birth class or as a stand-alone refresher course. This session will give you the guidance and space to practice what may work best during each stage of labor - with or without an epidural. Comfort + Coping also provides the ideal space for partners to experiment with hands-on support strategies and become more confident in their role as a labor support person.
We will focus on breathing techniques, birthing positions, massage and comforting touch, tools such as the birth ball, peanut ball, relaxation mantras, aromatherapy, and acupressure points.
- 2 hours of action oriented, personalized instruction
- 30 minutes of pre-recorded video lessons to review positions, massage, and breathing after class
- 14-page interactive activity book, including Birthing Positions, Affirmations, and Massage Tips for Partners
- Live Office Hours on Zoom
- Access to Birthsmarter's Online Resource Directory for Pregnancy + Parenting
- Bonding and practice with your partner (think of it as a labor rehearsal!)
- An incredibly relaxing eventing (or the cheapest prenatal massage in town!)
Great as a standalone class for those who are looking for a refresher, planning for a VBAC, or already took a childbirth education class. Comfort + Coping is a part of our Childbirth Education classes for those looking for a more comprehensive experience. Pair with Postpartum Planning, Lactation (Not So) Basics, and Newborn Care classes for wrap around preparation! All classes include you + your support team.
If finances are a concern:
Please reach out about Alternative Pricing.
We work to ensure that no one will be turned away due to lack of funds.