The Newborn Care Class
Caring for a newborn is a wild ride.
The Birthsmarter Newborn Care class was developed to help you enter parenthood with confidence and curiosity. This is not your typical Baby 101 course: we’re not going to tell you what to do, or not do, with your baby. Parenting is a personal and a cultural act, informed by what we know about human physiology and shaped by the society we’re living in. There’s simply _no right way_. Like our signature childbirth education classes, the 2.5-Hour Birthsmarter Newborn Care class is meant to offer you a critical framework to give you, not only the practical skills but the permission and the confidence to develop a sense of what might work best for you and your baby.
- We’ll offer you perspective around the range of normal when it comes to immediate newborn transitions, health, hygiene, sleep, feeding, bathing, diapering, baby wearing, developmental movement, and soothing
- Bonding with baby in the early days
- Why babies cry and how to respond to their needs
- Sleep for the whole family in weeks 0 - 12
- Bottle feeding
- Basic health and hygiene
- What baby gear you actually need and how to set up your home
- Choosing and communicating with your pediatrician
- Newborn appearance, hospital procedures, and cord care
- Stages of development and developmental movement
- Immediate and lifetime access to an ever-growing library of instructional Newborn Care videos including how to change a baby’s diaper, an intro to cloth diapering, how give a newborn baby a bath, swaddle, and more.
- 📓 Custom 20-page workbook
- 💡Access to Birthsmarter's curated pregnancy and parenting resources page
- 🔑 Exclusive partner perks and discounts
- 💬 Weekly office hours and access to Birthsmarter educators
- 💛 Unbiased, non-judgmental, presentation of options
- 🌈 Inclusive Language