- Can my partner attend with me? How do I pay for two people?
- Do you accept insurance?
- Do you offer discounts or sliding scale pricing?
- What’s the cancellation / rescheduling policy?
- What if Birthsmarter cancels a class or changes the date / time?
- Can my partner and I attend Zoom classes and watch the on demand class from different locations?
- What do I need to bring with me to class?
Can my partner attend with me? How do I pay for two people?
The price of every class registration allows for two people to attend. The price to register for a support group only allows for one parent since the groups are limited to either the birthing parent or the partner.
Do you accept insurance?
If you have an HSA / FSA card, you’re welcome to pay directly with that card at checkout.
If you want insurance to pay for or reimburse you for the cost of a class we recommend that you speak with an insurance representative directly to determine which classes are eligible.
If your insurance covers Childbirth Education, Prenatal Lactation Classes, or Newborn Care classes, we are happy to provide a receipt for your purchase that you can submit to claim reimbursement.
You might want to ask your insurance company if they reimburse for:
S9436: Childbirth Education/Lamaze Classes, non-physician, per session
S9442: Birthing Class, non-physician, per session
S9443: Lactation Class, non-physician, per session
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code z391.1: Mother and baby lactation education: breastfeeding class and lactation consultation
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis code z32.2: Childbirth education: childbirth instruction
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis code z32.3: Prenatal Childcare Instruction: Newborn Care Class
Do you offer discounts or sliding scale pricing?
In order to make Birthsmarter truly inclusive and accessible to all families, we offer Alternative Pricing. Read more here.
What’s the cancellation / rescheduling policy?
Birthsmarter is committed to providing an exceptional experience with extremely limited resources. Unfortunately, when a student cancels without giving enough notice, they prevent another expectant parent from being able to attend class and stress our small team, administratively and financially. Of course, we understand that life happens… If you’re wanting to register for a class that might sell out but you’re checking on your availability, please reach out to us so we can coordinate taking a deposit to hold your spot. Otherwise, we will work to be as accommodating as possible.
If you miss your class or have to cancel your class for any reason we can offer:
- 100% refund 45+ days in advance
- 75% refund 30-45 days in advance
- 50% refund 15-30 days in advance
- Within 14 days of class, we cannot offer refunds unless we have a waiting list for class and can fill your spot within 24 hours of your request.
If you need to reschedule a class:
- When requested 21+ days in advance, there is no fee to reschedule
- When requested 14-21 days in advance, there is a $35 rescheduling fee for in-person classes and no fee for rescheduling virtual classes
- When requested within 14 days of class, there is a $50 rescheduling fee + up to the cost of class if the seat you leave does not fill
We highly recommend that you schedule any prenatal classes or workshops to end prior to 30 days of your expected due date. We are not responsible for providing make-ups or issuing any credit for classes missed as a result of scheduling conflicts, vacations, illness, emergencies, or other circumstances beyond our control. However, In cases of pregnancy-related hospitalization, we will work with you on a case by case basis.
What if Birthsmarter cancels a class or changes the date / time?
We reserve the right to alter class times due to low enrollment. Every effort will be made to work with students’ schedules to ensure that the student receives the instruction they signed up for. If we cannot place you in another class or schedule a private session comparable to what you signed up for, a full refund will be given.
Can my partner and I attend Zoom classes and watch the on demand class from different locations?
Absolutely. If you and your partner are not in the same physical location you can both login to watch the On-Demand videos and / or join our Zoom calls.
What do I need to bring with me to class?
We will supply you with a pen, a workbook, and the props you'll need for class. (In SLC we ask folks to bring birth balls!) We do our best to have lite snacks and water available in every studio space but we do recommend that you bring a water bottle to refill, and any special foods or drinks that will help you stay satiated throughout your class.
For Virtual Classes:
We'll send you a digital copy of the class workbook which you can print or reference from a computer or tablet (or do without). We encourage you to set up at least "two stations" so you can move throughout class.
For Comfort + Coping (class 2 of the childbirth education series) we also recommend having:
- An inflated birth ball
- A chair with no arms (a kitchen chair or folding chair)
- A body pillow / yoga bolster / two bed pillows
- A tennis ball or other massage tool
- A big scarf (like a classic Pashmina)
- Lotion or oil that you like the smell of