The security of your personal information and your privacy are extremely important to us. Our commitment to your privacy also means that we use your data only to improve our services and provide them to you. We will not sell your personal information to anyone.
Questions; Contacting Company; Reporting Violations
Attn: Ashley Brichter
1617 South 1700 East, Salt Lake City, 84108
What types of information do we collect?
We collect non-personal information when you visit our website. This information mainly consists of technical and aggregated website usage information, such as browsing activities, non-identifiable information regarding your devices, operating system, internet browser, and similar information. None of this can be identified to you.
We also collect personal information in order to provide our maternal care services and to enable you to participate in our programs. This information includes information gathered in web forms such as name, email address, phone number, age. We may also collect information about your pregnancy such as partner’s name and email address, due date, whether you are a first time parent, pregnancy and birth goals, and health history, including pre-existing conditions. In order for us to provide you with our maternal care services and expert-led programs, and to allow us to track outcomes, we request that you respond to surveys at the beginning of the program, and from time to time. We may also collect personal information when you respond to marketing emails, promotions, sweepstakes, or contests that we sponsor.
Information you choose to provide throughout your program to our providers and your group will be associated with your account, but how much information you share is your choice.
We utilize certain third party applications to provide video conference and messaging services. We have no control over the privacy practices of any of these third party providers, and we encourage you to refer to their privacy policies described below.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you with relevant information – the main reason we collect personal information is to enable our experts to give you relevant information and support about your pregnancy and or postpartum journey.
- To enable the use of our services – we may use the information we collect in order to operate and customize our services; for example, to remember information about you so that you will not have to re-enter it when using our services, or to provide you with customer assistance and technical support.
- To contact you – We may use the information to be able to send you promotional and informational content about our services by email, text messages, and similar forms of communication from us, our experts with whom you work, or from our partners (acting on our behalf). If you do not wish to receive such promotional messages, you may notify us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow the “unsubscribe” or “STOP” instructions contained in any promotional communications you may receive.
- As part of our user support – We may also contact you with important information regarding our services, such as in the event we may temporarily suspend services for maintenance, to reply to your support inquiries, or to send you notices regarding payments. It is important that you are always able to receive such messages. For this reason, you are not able to opt-out of receiving such service and billing messages unless you are no longer a user of the services.
- Compliance with laws – We may also use your personal information to comply with any applicable laws and regulations or in connection with legal proceedings.
How do we collect information?
- Information you share with us – We collect the information you provide to use, for example when you create an account, sign up for classes, contact us directly, or through social media platforms. This information may include personal information including health information.
- Information we collect automatically – When you visit our website, we gather, collect, and record information about your visit. We do this through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies, as detailed below. This information may be collected automatically directly by us, or with the help of third-party services, and may include your IP address (which may also be associated with your domain name or the domain name of your internet service provider), data relating to your use and navigation, unique identification numbers associated with your mobile device, and your approximate geographic location.
- Information received from third parties – We may receive information about you from social media or partners with whom we work.
When and with whom do we share your personal information?
In addition to any sharing with third parties from time to time with your explicit consent, we may share your information in the following ways:
- Third party service providers – We may share personal information with certain service providers in order to provide our services to you. These include hosting and server services, data and cybersecurity services, billing and payment processing services, video and text messaging services, remote access services, data analytics and marketing services. Such service providers may only use the information for the specific purpose for which they receive it and no other.
- Affiliated providers – We will share your personal information with our providers in order to provide you expert advice.
- Business partners – We may share your personal information with certain business partners (third parties whom we partner with for specialized member offers) to send or support the delivery of promotional materials, offers of classes and expert services, to engage in data analytics, to offer sweepstakes, contests, and other marketing, to advise you of upcoming joint and co-branded promotional activities with birthsmarter.com or to conduct research, subject to your right to opt out from sharing for marketing purposes.
- Transactions – We may share personal information with third parties in connection with a transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
- Law Enforcement, Legal Request – Where permitted by local data protection laws, we may disclose your personal information pursuant to a legal request, or in compliance with applicable laws.
- Protecting Rights and Safety – Where permitted by law, we may share your personal information with others to protect your rights, property, or personal safety or that of our company, any of our users, or any member of the general public, with or without notice to you.
When do we share non-personal information?
Information that cannot be traced back to an individual is non-personal information, such as anonymized or aggregated information. We may transfer, share with select business partners, disclose or otherwise use non-personal Information at our sole discretion and without the need for any further approval from you. You accept that we own all the aggregated and anonymized data collected or created by us.
What about information you want to share with others?
Our platform enables you to share your personal information with others, including members of your groups, your providers, via our platform or otherwise. Please use caution when sharing your personal information with others. The information you share will be shared according to your instructions and actions, and we have no control over what happens with your information once you share it with others.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as your user account is active, in order to allow you to have access to your information and to provide you with our services.
We may continue to retain your personal information even after you deactivate your user account or stop using our service, as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes regarding our users, enforce our agreements, improve our service or protect our legitimate interests.
What security measures do we take to secure your personal information?
We maintain industry-standard means of physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected by us.
Please note that regardless of the measures and efforts taken by Birthsmarter Inc we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of your personal information we hold.
California “Shine the Light” Law
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Birthsmarter Inc, to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us:
CA Shine the Light Privacy Rights
1617 South 1700 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Information for Nevada Residents
Pursuant to Nevada law, you may direct a business that operates an internet website not to sell certain personal information a business has collected or will collect about you. Birthsmarter, Inc does not sell your personal information pursuant to Nevada law. However, Nevada residents have the legal right to opt out of the sale of their personal information, even if their information is not currently being sold. For more information about how we handle and share your personal information or to opt-out under Nevada law, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Do Not Track” Requests
Currently, various browsers — including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari — offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that relies on a technology known as a DNT header, which sends a signal to Web sites’ visited by the user about the user's browser DNT preference setting. We do not currently commit to responding to browsers' DNT signals with respect to sites we provide, in part, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators, including no consistent standard of interpreting user intent.
We, together with our marketing, analytics and technology partners, use certain monitoring and tracking technologies (such as cookies, beacons, pixels, tags and scripts) on our website, certain partner sites and social networks. These technologies are used in order to maintain, provide and improve our services on an ongoing basis, and in order to provide our users with a better experience. Such technologies enable us to maintain and keep track of our users preferences and authenticated sessions, to better secure our services, to identify technical issues, user trends and effectiveness of campaigns, and to monitor and improve the overall performance of our services.
In order for some of these technologies to work properly, a small data file (“cookie”) must be downloaded and stored on your device. By default, we use several persistent cookies for purposes of session and user authentication, security, keeping the user’s preferences (such as regarding default settings), monitoring performance of our services, and generally providing and improving our services.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to adjust your settings to notify you when you receive them, automatically reject them or disable existing ones. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to block and delete all cookies.
Deleting cookies does not delete Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as Flash Objects and HTML5 Local Storage or Session Storage. If you use Google Chrome, you can learn more about locally stored data in your browser, and how to control here.
Please note that deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies or tracking technologies may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our services, or may otherwise adversely affect your user experience.
How do I manage cookies?
Most web browsers let you choose whether to accept cookies. Most also let you delete cookies already set. The choices available, and the mechanism used, will vary from browser to browser. Such browser settings are typically found in the “options”, “tools” or “preferences” menu. You may also consult the browser’s “help” menu. For example:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
There are online tools available for clearing all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, such as allaboutcookies.org. Usually, deletion of cookies will anonymize the information associated with the pixel and a website will not receive any further associated information.
In order to promote our app and services, we use platforms such as Facebook for online campaigns.
For example, we may use Facebook’s “Custom Audience Tool” to display interest-based ads promoting our app. We do not share personal information with Facebook, but given that Facebook knows the identity of their users, they may link the fact you clicked on our ad with your identity. Further, we report app events to Facebook to help optimize our campaigns, but we do not share with Facebook the meaning of such events. In other words, Facebook will receive information about your usage of the app but not any personal, medical or health related content. If you do not want to receive interest-based ads on Facebook, you can adjust your ad preferences through your Facebook settings. We use the same approach with other ad partners, such as Google; we will never share your personal information with any of them.
How old do you have to be to use Birthsmarter?
All our services at Birthsmarter are not designed for anyone under the age of 18. Furthermore, we do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18. If we learn or are informed that we unintentionally collected personal information from an individual under the age of 18, we will delete such information. If you believe that we might have any information regarding a person under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
The services are intended for use by United States residents. The information we collect from you will be stored and processed in the United States, or any other country in which we, or our affiliates, maintain facilities in, and in other jurisdictions as necessary for the proper delivery of our services or as may be required by law. If you are located outside the United States, please note that we will transfer your information, including your personal information, to a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information to the United States or any other country in which we or our service providers maintain facilities.