How to prep and protect your body for the main event.
Pushing can be the most dramatic phase of childbirth but often comes without instructions – even in long form childbirth classes (many birth educators, doulas, and labor and delivery nurses don’t truly understand the physiology of the pelvic floor!). With an intense focus on alignment, posture, and pelvic health this 2.5-Hour class will help you stack the cards in your favor in order to reduce the length of time spent pushing, reduce the risk of tearing during delivery, and prepare you for postpartum pelvic floor recovery. By creating an action plan for at-home practice with long-lasting benefits, this is truly a must-take for every pregnant person. As a reminder, class is relevant and important for those planning a medicated or unmedicated birth!
- The anatomy of and connection between our posture and alignment, including the bony pelvis, pelvic floor muscles and baby’s positions / fetal alignment.
- The benefits of and options around prenatal body work.
- Breathing techniques so you can understand the _physiology_ of pushing
- You will practice pelvic floor contractions and relaxation
- Various pushing positions to help train your body for the main event.
- 📓 Custom 25-page workbook with a pelvic floor assessment, tips on preparing your pelvic floor for birth, and an illustrated guide to perineal massage.
- 💡Access to Birthsmarter's curated pregnancy and parenting resources page
- 🔑 Exclusive partner perks and discounts
- 💬 Weekly office hours and access to Birthsmarter educators
- 💛 Unbiased, non-judgmental, presentation of options
- 🌈 Inclusive Language