Labor and Delivery 101
Sale Sold out
Regular price $300.00
Regular priceUnit price per
Labor + Delivery 101 can be taken alone (ideal as a refresher course) or as a part of our Childbirth Education classes for those looking for a more comprehensive experience.Formerly known as Express Childbirth Education, this class is an amazing time to connect with other expectant parents and learn the fundamentals of the Birthsmarter approach: The Three Actions™ of Birth and the Five Partner Responsibilities. This class is intended to give students an outline of important topics as well as the resources for where and how to learn more about each one. We welcome those planning to give birth at home, in a birthing center, or in a hospital.
Our Labor and Delivery 101 Course allows expectant parents to learn the basics in a short period of time.
Labor and Delivery 101 covers:
- Birth Smarter’s The Three Actions (TM) : Anatomy + Physiology of Labor
- Oxytocin, Fetal Alignment, and The Positive Feedback Loop of Labor
- Cervical Changes + Cervical Exams: What’s important?
- The Birth Smarter Five Partner Responsibilities
- The Stages of Labor
- Timing contractions
- The water “breaking”
- Pre-labor signs
- Hospital Vocabulary + “Birth Planning”: Triage, Monitoring, Pitocin and Pain Management
- Pushing and the Birth of the Baby
- Pairs extremely well with: Comfort + Coping, Push Prep, Postpartum Planning and Breastfeeding and Newborn Care.
- Our 32-page complimentary Activity Book
- Weekly Office Hours
- Birthsmarter’s Online Resource Directory for Pregnancy + Parenting
Great as a standalone class for those who are looking for a refresher, planning for a VBAC, or already took a childbirth education class. Pair with Postpartum Planning, Lactation (Not So) Basics, and Newborn Care classes for wrap around preparation! All classes include you + your support team.
Please reach out about Alternative Pricing.
We work to ensure that no one will be turned away due to lack of funds.