The Lactation Class
The Birthsmarter Lactation Class is offered in two formats:
👩🏽💻Live-Online | 📍In-Person in Brooklyn, NY
This is the class we wished we had before attempting to feed our babies!
- The secrets to getting a great latch (nursing does not have to be painful!)
- Milk production and why the timing of feeds really matters (cluster feeds, growth spurts, etc)
- How to know your baby is getting enough milk
- Breast care and troubleshooting clogged ducts, mastitis, and thrush
- Tongue ties + other possible complications
- Pumping, hand expression, storage, and alternative feeding options
- Changing patterns within the first 24 hours, first two weeks, and first few months
- Ways partners can support the nursing parent
- Oh, and a lot about the general awesomeness of breastmilk!
Our goal is to lay a strong foundation and give you the resources you’ll need for navigating the seemingly uncharted territory that lies ahead! Partners are strongly encouraged to attend.
While great as a standalone class, we love to bundle with Postpartum Planning and Newborn Care for a comprehensive education! Book all three classes in one transaction for 10% off with the code BUNDLE. All classes include you + your support team.
If finances are a concern:
Please reach out about Alternative Pricing.
We work to ensure that no one will be turned away due to lack of funds.