Currently Newborn Care is offered 👩🏽💻Live-Online.
and 📍In-Person in Brooklyn, NY and SLC, UT
The Birthsmarter Newborn Care class was developed to help you enter parenthood with confidence and understanding. Rest assured, this is not your typical Baby 101 course. Like our signature birth classes, our Newborn Care class raises the bar for infant care classes; so you can develop a sophisticated framework for responding to your newborn’s needs and improvise as your baby grows.
- Bonding with baby in the early days
- Why babies cry and how to respond to their needs
- Sleep for the whole family in weeks 0 - 12
- Bottle feeding
- Newborn appearance, hospital procedures, and cord care
- Stages of development and developmental movement
- Basic health and hygiene
- What baby gear you actually need and how to set up your home
- Choosing and communicating with your pediatrician
When you register for class you will receive access to an ever-growing library of on-demand Newborn Care videos. These cover instructional topics such as diaper changes and infant bath. You’ll be able to watch these videos ahead of time and bring questions to class so our time together is well spent! (You also get lifetime-access to the videos as well as all of Birthsmarter’s curated resources for infant development and family bonding).
Great as a standalone class, but we love to bundle with Postpartum Planning and Lactation (Not So) Basics for a comprehensive education! Book all three classes in one transaction for 10% off with the code BUNDLE. All classes include you + your support team.
If finances are a concern:
Please reach out about Alternative Pricing.
We work to ensure that no one will be turned away due to lack of funds.